Thursday, November 21, 2013

Veteran's Day and Our Anniversary

It's been about 6 weeks since my last post.  We've been busy, busy.  We moved into our condo and received the little bit out household goods that we sent over, most importantly the vino collection.
We celebrated 7 years of marriage together on November 11.  Being that our anniversary falls on Veteran's Day, we decided to attend the ceremony that took place at the American Manila Cemetery.  A few facts about  the cemetery and our military relationship with the Philippines.  The cemetery is the largest military cemetery outside of the United States.  The embassy here is one of the largest US embassies in the world.  There is a US Veteran's hospital here and it is the only one outside of the US.  Filipino soldiers who fought in WWII receive medical care at the Veteran's hospital.
Here are a few pictures of the ceremony.  I will have to go back when we have more time so I can explore the cemetery more thoroughly.  A fact about me: I LOVE cemeteries!









This is inside the above tower











We have explored our new neighborhood, which I love!  We have established a favorite restaurant and just happens to be Mexican.  We celebrated our anniversary there and they gave us a butterscotch cake to help us celebrate.  Here are few pictures from that night.




Carna Asada taco with local beer.  Doesn't get much better



We had to make a wish
We also attended the Marine Ball on Nov 9.  I only took one picture!  Then I paid for pictures to be made, prom style no less, and lost my receipt.  So, not sure if we will ever see those pictures.  We've been exploring the malls, malling as its called here in the Philippines, because they have the most fabulous Christmas decorations.  Next post will be on the malls we've visited with pictures :-)  That will be a good one!
I promise to not wait so long between posts.  Until next time.

2 comments: