Friday, December 13, 2013

A Breath of Fresh Mountain Air

Yes, I did say a breath of fresh mountain air.  After 100 Islands National Park we traveled to Baguio.  Baguio is in the mountains at 6000 ft.  It was still a bit on the warm side but as comparing it to Manila it was amazingly cool and refreshing.  At night it even got into the upper 50s and low 60s.  It felt wonderful.  We were in Baguio for 6 days and 5 nights.  There were many things to see in Baguio.  So, when Brian wasn't working I had him taking me to see as many of the places we could.  The only thing on my list that I didn't get to see was the Baguio Buddhist Temple.  I was saddened not to be able to see it but Brian says we will go back to make sure I see it.  We stayed at the Ambassador's Residence in the Yamashita room.









While in Baguio we visited the Bell Church, a Chinese temple with a hint of Catholicism thrown in, the St. Louis University Museum (no pictures) and the Philippine Military Academy.  The Bell Church was my favorite.  I am very interested in all religions and visiting different churches/ temples is one of my most favorite things.

Bell Church







Philippine Military Academy









While in Baguio I went with my friend Emily and her little girl to eat at Bliss Cafe.  Bliss Cafe is a lacto-vegan cafe with a flair for Indian foods.  Brian refused to eat there with me and I was grateful for Emily because she wanted to eat there as well.  Our food was delicious!  I read that many of the people from the Buddhist Temple (that I didn't get to see) frequent Bliss.  I had a strawberry salad that was delicious and Emily had samosas that were equally delicious.  Bliss is located in Hotel Elizabeth which is a beautiful a hotel.  Here is a view of their gardens.




No comments:

Post a Comment